Students are encouraged to do internships/traineeships at the Partner Universities, with the associated partners:
- EISCAT (European Incoherent Scatter) Scientific Association (EISCAT), Sweden
- ESC Aerospace s.r.o. (ESC, doc), Czech Republic
- Harbin Institute of Technology, Institute of Space Science and Applied Technology (ISSAT) (HIT), China
- Swedish Institute of Space Physics (IRF), Sweden
- Swedish Space Corporation (SSC), Sweden
- The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Sceince, the Department of Earth and Planetary Science (Todai), Japan
- University of Colorado, Smead Aerospace Engineering Science Department (CU), U.S.A.
- Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics (WIGNER), Hungary
as well as in industry, at research institutions and agencies. During a traineeship, a student usually receives financial support from the company. A student can also apply for the Erasmus Traineeship Scholarship via LTU’s International Office.