Participation Costs, Insurance and Scholarships

Information for Round 18 beginning Fall 2022

Participation costs and fees will be charged according to the university regulations at the Partner Universities.

For year one at LTU Kiruna Campus, the fee for non-EU students is 140 000 SEK, while students from EU/EEA, Nordic countries and Switzerland are supported by the Swedish government and have no fees. More information is available here. During the second year, depending on choice of university, the fee is based on the local university fees for students.

Brexit information regarding application and tuition fee requirements for British citizens and their families is available here.
First year (Semesters 1 & 2)
UniversityCitizens from EU/EEA, Nordic countries, Switzerland, others*Citizens from outside the EU/EEA, Nordic countries, Switzerland
Luleå University of Technology0140.000 SEK
Second year (Semesters 3 & 4)
UniversityCitizens from EU/EEA, Nordic countries, Switzerland, others*Citizens from outside the EU/EEA, Nordic countries, Switzerland
Aalto University0
Student Union fee 116 EURO
15.000 EURO***
Student Union fee 116 EURO
Cranfield University13.715 GBP****13.715 GBP
Czech Technical University in Prague132.000 CZK132.000 CZK
Luleå University of Technology**0140.000 SEK***
Université Toulouse III - Paul Sabatier2.000 EURO2.500 EURO

* others: persons with permanent residence permit in Sweden, residence permit in Sweden for reasons other than studies. Detailed information is available here

** Master diploma from Luleå University of Technology, no double diploma.

*** Students may apply for university scholarships.

**** Fee for students from UK and Irland is 8,890 GBP.

The participation costs are subject to adjustment every academic year. The costs should be announced before the application deadline for the next academic year, i.e. January 17.

During the second year, students have the possibility to apply for the Erasmus+ Traineeship Mobility Grant.

Additional Scholarships and Information

Other Costs

Students are expected to finance their living, accommodation and travel costs themselves. The participating universities have services for foreign students that can provide assistance in arranging accommodation and other practical arrangements.


During working hours all students are covered by student university insurance according to national legislation and university rules. When you are registered at LTU you will be covered by the Swedish State Insurance Kammarkollegiet.

Students studying at the bachelor’s (first cycle), master’s (second cycle) or doctoral (third cycle) level, who are registered at a Swedish university, are covered for personal injuries with an insurance called Personal Injury Insurance for Students. This insurance provides coverage during your time at school and on placement. You are also covered during your commute to and from your school or placement (unless a vehicle is involved, then you are covered by the vehicle’s insurance). This insurance is free and you are covered automatically – there are no special papers you need to sign. Your time at school means the time you spend at your university’s facilities and grounds. The one exception is when you are participating in activities arranged by someone other than your university. The insurance does not cover your leisure time so it’s important to sign up for a private accident insurance that covers the times you aren’t in school.
More information here: Personal Injury Insurance for Students 2020.

Students who pay tuition fees in Sweden are covered by an insurance called FAS+. FAS+ has medical and dental coverage, home transport, third party liability and legal protection. More information at Kammarkollegiet.