Apply to SpaceMaster
- If you are interested in Space and Atmospheric Science, Planetology, Space Instrumentation, Technology and Engineering
- If you want to enhance your chances for a leading position in industry and in research
- If you wish to study in a truly international environment with broad professional networks
- If you are looking to update your professional career and re-skill yourself
- If you want a double European Master's Degree
The SpaceMaster Consortium is actively working on equality and diversity that contributes to a creative study and work environment. The Consortium's core values are based on respect, trust, openness and responsibility.
According to national labour and educational legislation, all Partner Universities provide facilities for people with disabilities and special needs, i.e. elevators for carriage, entrances without steps, microphones, and special diet meals. Students with dyslexia are supplied with additional audio support during their studies, and times for their examinations are prolonged.
Application deadline for the academic year 2024/25 is January 15, 2024.
An application fee of 900 SEK (Swedish kronor) must be received by the deadline indicated in order for your application to be processed. Any payments received after the deadline will result in your application status being changed to late. Late applications are only processed at the discretion of each university, if there are places available.
EU/EEA and Switzerland citizens are exempt from fees, but must document their status.
Citizens of Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) and their autonomous regions (Åland Islands, Faroe Islands, Greenland) are not required to pay application fees.
Students who are registered for a course or programme at a Swedish university at the time they submit their application for future semesters are not required to pay an application fee.
You must submit the following documents once you have completed your online application:
- Cover sheet (automatically received at application)
- Motivation letter with indication of 2nd year university and track preference
- Certificates and diplomas from your previous education
- Transcripts of completed courses and academic grades
Note that some countries have specific document requirements. You should follow this link in order to see what your special requirements are: https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/apply-to-masters/provide-application-documents-masters/country-instructions/
- Proof of English language skills
The requirement for English proficiency is the equivalent of English 6/English Course B. Read here for specific requirements for your country: https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/entry-requirements/english-language-requirements/
Please note: All English tests results must be sent straight from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and reach University Studies in Sweden by the deadline for submitting documents. The institution code is Sweden 3477 and this must be stated. If the test result will arrive after the deadline of February 1, 2024, a copy of the test can be uploaded beforehand together with the other documents.
- A copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph or some other document of identification
- Curriculum Vitae including academic studies and professional experience
- Recommendation letters in English from two senior experts in your field of studies.
Luleå University of Technology processes personal data in accordance with regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (link). These provisions are often referred to as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
There are two steps to the application procedure:
- Online registration at the Swedish Agency for Higher Education Services www.Universityadmissions.se (search code: LTU-97015, Autumn 2024)
- Create an account at: www.Universityadmissions.se
When applying for the Course, it is important to remember certain key dates.
- Start of 1st semester at LTU, Kiruna, Sweden: 2 September 2024
- Online service opens: 16 October 2023
- Application deadline: 15 January 2024
- Documents must arrive no later than: 1 February 2024
- Notification of selection results: 21 March 2024
- Payment of participation costs for the 1st semester should be done at latest by 1 June 2024
Proof regarding English proficiency must arrive no later than 1 February 2024. All applicants are encouraged to submit their documents immediately after registering at www.universityadmissions.se.
If your Diploma certificate cannot meet the deadline outlined above, you may conditionally be admitted, provided that your Diploma is achieved by 1 September 2024 at the latest. In this case an official document stating that you are likely to be awarded the degree by the start of the SpaceMaster Program must be sent in with your application. The document must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office or equivalent of your institution. Certification from other staff members, such as faculty or college staff members, will not be accepted: Statement of enrollment
For more information contact Mrs. Anette Snällfot-Brändström via e-mail: email@example.com .