SpaceMaster is a four semester Master Course, 120 ECTS. The Course has a common first year for all students. The 1st semester takes place at JMUW, Würzburg, Germany, and the 2nd semester takes place at LTU, Kiruna Space Campus, Sweden. During the 3rd semester the students are distributed among the six European universities. Students select the track of specialization for the 3rd and 4th semesters during the second semester*. The distribution for the 3rd semester is finalized at the end of the 2nd semester. The distribution for the 4th semester is finalized at the end of the 3rd semester. During the 4th semester students perform their Master thesis projects in six European universities and two Third-Country universities.
* note that only students holding the Erasmus+ scholarship can go to Cranfield University. The number of available positions is limited.
|Semester 1||All students at JMUW, Würzburg|
Core modules, optional modules in languages and German culture, 30 ECTS
|Semester 2||All students at LTU, Kiruna Space Campus|
Core modules, optional modules in languages and Swedish culture, 30 ECTS
|Semester 4||Master Thesis, 30 ECTS (45 ECTS for CU)|
CU, Aalto, JMUW, LTU, CTU, UT3, Todai or USU
- E1 Engineering Track 1: Dynamics and Control of Systems and Structures
- E2 Engineering Track 2: Space Robotics and Automation
- E3 Engineering Track 3: Automation, Control and Communication of Space Robotics
- E4 Engineering Track 4: Space Technology and Instrumentation
- E5 Engineering Track 5: Space Automation and Control
- E6 Engineering Track 6: Space Technique and Instrumentation
- S1 Scientific Track 1: Atmospheric and Space Science
- S2 Scientific Track 2: Astrophysics, Space Science, Planetology
A detailed description of the Course tracks and modules is given under Course Modules.
Semester dates for the academic year 2017-2018:
|LTU||28 Aug. 2017 - 14 Jan. 2018||15 Jan. - 3 June 2018 (SpaceMaster: 13 Feb. - 3 June 2018)|
|JMUW||16 Oct. 2017 - 10 Feb. 2018||9 April - 14 July 2018|
|Aalto||4 Sept. - 22 Dec. 2017||15 Jan. - 18 May 2018|
|CTU||2 Oct. 2017 - 29 June 2018|
|UT3 research track||4 Sept. 2017 - 8 June 2018|
|UT3 professional track||4 Sept. 2017 - 8 June 2018|
|CU||25 Sept. 2017 - 22 June 2018|
The Course is given in English.